The World As I See It.

I read a Time article that took an excerpt from Albert Einstein’s, The World As I See It. The excerpt that they chose, focused on goodness. I always knew that I would like Albert Einstein from reading his Brainy Quote quotes. They always made so much sense to me and pictured him as someone who understood that education comes in many forms, not just learning from the classroom. He also seemed as someone who was about the people.

Anyhow, the part of the excerpt that stuck with me, so much that I ordered the book immediately (along with a photography book to boost my skills) was this, “A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life depend on the labours of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving.” This reminds me of the reasons not to give up on myself.

I am trying my best to end this semester on the best note that I could. The 4.0 I wanted is definitely out the window, but I do not want to fail completely. The days when I don’t feel motivated, I have to remember the amount of effort that goes on for me to even be here in the first place. Whether it was my ancestors, to my mom working sometimes seven days of the week, to the janitor who cleans up the trash in the library, to the laborer who picked the banana on the plantation, I did not get to this very spot without the help and work of others. I could say that I’m doing whatever it is I’m doing to benefit me and answer my calling, but it’s really for more than just myself. Whatever it is that you put out there, it’s going to place some type of influence on someone. It makes you remember even more, how important it is to make sure whatever it is your putting out there is something positive and filled with good energy. The last part though, really tells me to always put in my best effort and the most effort in everything I do, in order to repay my respects for the help that I have received along the way.